Saturday, April 24, 2010

Testing

Now we come to the time of year when testing dominates our little teacher lives. The students are anxious, the teachers are nervous, and the administrators are sitting on pins and needles. Luckily at my school testing is only used for our own informational needs. The thing that makes me laugh is that administrators keep repeating themselves, "After testing, teaching still needs to continue!" Uh, OK. The kids are crazy, the teachers are crazy, and I say front load on FIELD TRIPS!! Unfortunately, we do not have transportation for our students and parents have to volunteer to drive. Most parents are not near the end of their jobs for the year and do not have as much flexibility as I do. So I am going on my four year-old's field trips instead, and leaving my first graders in the hands of a very capable substitute. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment